Beta-cyclodextrin, also known as β-cyclodextrin, English name: Beta-cyclodextrin, β-cyclodextrin, CAS number: 7585-39-9, is one of three cyclodextrin products, based on starch The raw materials are transformed by gelatinization, liquefaction, saccharification and enzyme action. Because beta cyclodextrin has a hollow molecular structure, it can absorb molecules of other substances into its molecular cavity to form an inclusion complex, just like a molecular capsule.
As a new type of pharmaceutical excipients and food additives, beta cyclodextrin can be widely used in pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics and other manufacturing industries, as well as light industry, agriculture and other fields. It is a good excipient, stabilizer, and enhancer for these industries. Solvent emulsifiers, flavors, preservatives and quality improvers, their specific functions are as follows:
1. Used as a solubilizer to significantly improve the solubility of insoluble or slightly soluble substances in water, for example: beta cyclodextrin is used to improve the water solubility of instant tea powder; used to improve chloramphenicol and vobenicol and other drugs Water solubility, etc.
2. Through the formation of inclusion complexes to effectively cover the pungent odor, for example: beta cyclodextrin is used to embed the pungent taste of garlic oil; used to reduce the peculiar smell of Chinese patent medicines, etc.
3. Beta cyclodextrin can increase the stability of substances: anti-volatile, anti-sublimation; anti-oxidation; anti-photothermal decomposition; anti-decomposition of chemical substances. For example: used to increase the stability of natural pigments (capsicum red, etc.)
4. Extend the expiry date of the substance
5: Liquid medicine is transformed into solid state;
6. Prevent drug-drug, drug-additive interaction
The product quality standards can meet the international pharmacopoeia standards such as CP, EP, USP and BP respectively. The products are exported to Japan, Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, India, Germany, France, Argentina and the United States.